ABOUT THIS CONTENT
Celebrate the return of an ARK community classic, updated with a new real-world dinosaur for you to tame, and now added to ARK’s Official Server networks! Crystal Isles is 150 square kilometers of colorful scenery and awe-inspiring biomes teeming with life. This map’s supernatural beauty has won the hearts of the ARK community since its debut as a mod in 2016, and we’ve polished it to bring out its shine.
Whether you think you know Crystal Isles or plan to explore this map for the first time, you should be prepared for new discoveries. Build your bases high in rainforest canopy and mysterious floating islands, then dive deep into undersea caverns in search of resources. Tame and saddle up your own Tropeognathus—ARK’s newest pterosaur—for a dizzying jet-fuel-powered ride into aerial combat, complete with powerful mounted flak cannon!
Crystal Isles includes:
- A 150 sq km map with a wide variety of unique biomes to explore
- The Great Valley, a rainforest with bogs and towering tree limbs that lend new options for base-building
- Eldritch Isle, an eerie and challenging realm worth braving for its valuable resources, like Element and oil
- Emberfall, a fantastic region of vibrant foliage and volcanic danger that also rewards exploration
- Apotheosis, a cluster of floating islands tangled with vines and roots, shot through with cavernous pockets, and spilling over with waterfalls
- Tropeognathus, a tameable pterosaur new to ARK with an expansive wingspan and stamina for long flights
- Three types of crystal wyvern types for you to tame and breed
- A new custom boss arena
- New Dinosaur Tame: Tropeognathus! This large pterosaur from the Cretaceous period can now be found making its home on Crystal Isles. Tropeognathus’ keel-tipped snout can quickly gnash victims’ armor into bits, and when outfitted with a saddle containing a jetpack, its speed and maneuverability are second-to-none. Also providing a built-in flak cannon available to the pilot, this terror of the skies can engage in aerial combat with extreme deadliness
MATURE CONTENT DESCRIPTION
The developers describe the content like this:
Mature Content, specifically violence, can occur against other players or creatures within the fantasy setting of our game at any time and is not gated. This would primarily be demonstrated when players use their fists, melee weapons, ranged weapons, or tamed creatures against other players and/or other creatures. Violence may also be demonstrated when wild npc creatures choose to attack player characters and/or other wild or tamed creatures within the game world. Depictions of and reactions to violence (by targeted player character or creature) are not realistically portrayed and the level of blood associated with these acts is mild and limited.